This one is for the record books. This is going in Grandma Adele's locked vault of tongue oozing om nomage.
NYE weekend, my dear friend Matticus. He got a pasta-roller-outter for Christmas and naturally he wanted to break it in. We decided on ravioli and went thru the typical hum drum flava flave ideas. Chicken pesto, goat cheese and wild mushroom, pumpkin and pine nuts. WEAK.
In typical Adele-to-the-rescue fashion, I said, "Don't trip chocolate chip! I have.........the solution."
In the immortal words of Dr. Dre, my sh*ts the bomb.
It was easy peezy lemon squeezy too. To replicate:
1 shredded Chicken Breast
2 C. Chicken Broth
1/2 C. Red Onion
1/4 C. chopped cilantro
1 small Roma tomato, chopped
1/2. C. of your fave BBQ
1 C. finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 C. heavy cream
1/2 stick butter
2 tbsp flour
1) Place thawed chicken breast into pot with chicken broth. We added some coarsely chopped garlic into the mix for that extra anti-vampire pizzaz. Let simmer slowly until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Once chicken is cooked, drain the broth and set it aside for the cream sauce.
2) With forks and/or fingers shred the chicken to a ravioli-manageable size.
3) In saucepan, briefly cook chicken and red onion. Once the red onion is barely soft, add BBQ sauce, cilantro and 1/2 C. of the chedda.
The Sauce: In separate saucepan, make this fatty fatty sauce.
1) 1/2 stick of butter, melt it, a lot. Cook it down so the color deepens but it doesn't burn. Stirring often, add flour until ooey gooey. Slowly add 1/2 C. of the previously mentioned broth. This concoction should thicken.
2) Incorporate cream and add a smidgen (3tbsp) of BBQ sauce
Assemble the ravioli per usual, you can google THOSE instructions. Top with chopped tomato and generous amounts of more cheese and cilantro.
Hey everyone look at my cellular telephone photograph!!
No but seriously, it was delicious.